Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It will not crank. It was working fine yesterday,but it's 19…

Customer Question
It will not crank ...

It will not crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Yes it was working fine yesterday,but it's 19 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

Today and it give me problems when it's cold weather

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Infiniti?

2008 q56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it goes to the dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And frankly they have attempted everything new battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

if its struggling to fire up only when cold then this could be incorrect fuelling due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will not controlling the fuelling as the engine warms - so unplug the sensor and clean the contacts on both sides with some switch / electrical cleaner (not WD40) and inspect the wiring for any signs of damage to the insulation especially where it runs over other components and through the bulkhead- if this doesn't help consider replacing the sensor as they're not expensive

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt