Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Steering wheel locked,brake pedal will not move,gear shift…

Customer Question
Steering wheel locked,brake pedal...

Steering wheel locked,brake pedal will not move,gear shift locked will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

2009 *37

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Infiniti?

G37 with less than 70k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Was thinking battery was dead so charged it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this a major problem I am not very good at working on cars

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like the battery is dead or low have you checked that yet? tried to jump it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have charged battery and tested it and it shows only weak

That needs to be addressed then, that will cause a ton of problems we need to get a better battery in there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Charging again with a better charger. But steering wheel,brake pedal and gear shift lever not working

are you charging that on the car? if so that can cause issues as well, always charge batteries disconnected from the vehicle, I would run it up to the auto parts store and have them test it they will do this for free and charge it of its good

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I noticed a question that I had missed asking if I had checked the brake switch. No I have not did not know there is a switch and do not know where the switch is located

have you getting the battery checked out?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician