Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On my 05 qx56 my high pressure power steering hose just

Customer Question
On my 05 qx56...

On my 05 qx56 my high pressure power steering hose just busted and all my fluid ran out but now the tranny is slipping real bad are they tied together some how?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Not really, it just happened and I stopped driving it. I literally wached the fluid run out.it shot right out of the hose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Me and a buddy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/31/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

They are not related have you checked the transmission fluid ?

it seems the tranny fluid dipstick is screwed shut. this thing happened as soon as the hose busted

yes you have to remove that to check it

ok. I can do that. when I filled the power sterring fluid up it ran normal for a minute until the fluid ran out that's why I assumed they were tied together some how.

no they are different systems

you want to check it in park when running at operating temp

does that truck have any lines that would be near the power steering lines?

it has a cooler that goes into the radiator, but if that blew there would be 2x the fluid, hows the check going?

I'm not with the truck now. but that hose was busted near the bottom of the radiator and there was a lot fluid all over my motor

ok so fix the hose and check the trans fluid and let me know what you come up with

ok.

dex 3 or better is ok for the p/s fluid the trans fluid is matic-s and has to be bought at the dealer