Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car wont start. I changed the ignition switch and now no…

Customer Question
Car wont start Mechanic's...

Car wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I changed the ignition switch and now no dash lights car wont crank

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

1996 infinity I30

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i replaced the ignition swotch for a friend. yhr original

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It wad working but aftet several tries. the new swith is not working at all. it seem the fuse nox undet the dash is not gettin powrt. could it be the alarm?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/29/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

If you aren't getting power to the interior fuse box you'll need to check the fusible links under the hood. These are the clear topped square fuses, one or more of them could be blown. It's also possible the wires have rusted off the terminals, but I would look at the fusible links first, more than likely one of them is blown. If you aren't getting any electrical power to anything the main link is usually the culprit.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!