Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My doors wont open from the inside or outside my rear driver…

Customer Question
My doors wont open...

My doors wont open from the inside or outside my rear driver side door has been this way for a while i really never cared because i am really the only one that gets in the car but now all my doors are doing it and i had to climb through the window at least 4 times with in the last week

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

No and when i press unlock and lock i hear and see the latches moving but nothing when i try to open the door

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2007 g35 sport edition the stick shift model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nope i haven't tried anything im looking for answer's other then paying 400 and 500 dollars

Mechanic's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Of how much

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its cold where i live very cold rochester ny

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/28/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. Do you have access to a garage to see if warmer temps help relieve these symptoms and if it may be worsened by the cold weather?

Infiniti Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 6 months ago

Check for worn or damaged door latch mechanisms and if okay make sure they are well lubricated as this can be a result of them sticking. Cold weather, moisture or ice will intensify the symptoms and in some cases the latch mechanisms can become damaged if activated when frozen if worn over time which can result in the latch assemblies needing replacement. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.