Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just aboyut to type it all ut. Just today. No way! I can…

Customer Question
Hi just aboyut to...

Hi just aboyut to type it all ut

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can provide the details of the electrical failure

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

2005 Infiniti G35. Car is currently in the garage. They were unable to determine cause

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Today was -21 celcius here. Car started fine and I drove 15 minutes, mostly highway to grocery store. I was inside store for 10 minutes and returned to hear my car alarm honking. The car was at the front of a high traffic store so it's highly unlikely it was a break in attempt (at noon). I pressed my key fob button to stop honking and went to start car. No noise, no click, no sound at all but all ddash lights were illuminated. After 5 min or so I got a "click" sound and then it started normally. I drove to my garage and they were unable to replicate problem. They said battery, solenoid, starter were all good. Car started fine. Other misc info: My cruise control stopped working about a year ago and the remote trunk release has not worked for 3 years. Everything else on the car (2005 Infiniti G35 4 dr sedan Manual trans) works fine
12/28/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you, please, provide as much information about the issue to me as possible?