Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Took my 2006 Infiniti 35 to dealer for recall replacement of…

Customer Question
Took my 2006 Infiniti...

Took my 2006 Infiniti 35 to dealer for recall replacement of yak at airbags and replace rJust had an oil change at Infiniti dealership. They said oil was low when I brought it in. They said it has oil leaks. But they did the oil change

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

Took my 2016 Infiniti M35 (127,000 miles) to dealer for replacement of thakat airbags under recall and they also replaced the dash. The service writer said he a,

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Said he smelled oil. I know the car has an oil leak. I skied them to do an oil change and Check the car out. They said oil level was low. They did the oil change Mobil1 full synthetic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They said the the engine was leaking in three places, valave cover gaskets, or if gaskets And rear seal. They changed the oil. Now a day late the service engine soon light came on during highway driving. After Then the service engine light soon lightest off. It the " but the ! Light came on and stayed on. What , what might be the issue

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
After dealer changed the das and changed the oil car was fine. But then the engine light issue started. Did not have the engine light issue before I brought it t other. In addition, after the oil change I went to shell station to fill up. On gas. Only took 6 gallons and acted like it was full but then the gas gauge said I had a little over half a tank. Thought you should know this.the next day filled the car up and gauge showed full.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 6 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Given the symptoms I would imagine its the evap vent solenoid. Checking the codes would help.. you probably have one for the solenoid in there. Whether or not its something they did is hard to say unless you can find physical evidence of it.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks