Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car says park shift when in park and off and won’t stop…

Customer Question
My car says park...

My car says park shift when in park and off and won’t stop making a beeping sound

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

There is no leaking and I just bought the car 2 weeks ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2011 g37

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried to push the shift lock bottom downb Down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/24/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 6 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a convertible?

No its a sedan

If you are getting the message saying shift to park and its already in park, that is a shifter issue. If you start the car, and put it in park, does it read P on the cluster?

it does read P on the cluster
When i turn it off it stays on p but it says park shift and makes a beeping sound

That is a Shifter issue I am afraid.. I am sure if you turn the car off while in neutral and push the emergency brake down and open the door, you should get the same beeping.

This would require the shifter assembly to be replaced. Also try to start the car, and put it into drive and just as the car starts to roll, slam it into park and turn the car off and see if you get the beeping still

It could be a adjustment on the shifter linkage to the transmission also..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!