Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our Infiniti security lock went it wont let us turn our key…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl our Infiniti...

Hi Pearl our Infiniti security lock went it wont let us turn our key in the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No steering wheel tuen and the key doesnt work the battery in our key died and my husband went to change the battery and now the security system on the car locked

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

We cant turn it on at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Infiniti?

I think a 2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes were trying to fix it ourself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Umm thats it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/24/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is the Model Infiniti a G20 or I30?

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light ON Solid?

Its a MX35 or something like that
My husband tried putting the key in the ignition and it doesnt turn

M45? What year is the car? They did not make a M in 2001..

Its a Infiniti M45 Gloria

2003 or 2004? Is the steering wheel locked?

2004 yes its locked

Ok.. So if the steering wheel is locked, what you will need to do is use some force and turn the steering wheel slowly to the right while trying to turn the key. If the steering wheel does not release that way, then try turning it to the left...

Give that a shot and let me know how you make out

Okay that didnt work.
My husband said the key is letting us unlock the doors and roll down the windows but it still wont let us turn the car on

It may require some force to do this.. The way the steering lock system works is like a Dead Bolt for a Door. So you have to wiggle it back and forth or apply pressure and turn it as far as it can go slowly to get it to release..

My husband said he thinks its the key itself thats not working.
When we put the key in the ignition it still wont let us turn the car on.

This is a regular Mechanical key right?

The key you said doesn't turn in the ignition right?

Its one of those remote keys
Yeah the key wont turn at all in the ignition

Shaped like a Drop ?

Do you have a Regular Mechanical key also?

I dont think we do.

Do you have another key?

No only the remote key

Does the head lights turn on?

Only turns on when we press lock and unlock on the remote

I am wondering if the battery of the car is weak causing your issue.. Since this is partially a electronic ignition

okay my husband said hes going to use a friends car that came to check on us and purchase a new battery down the road.
Its okay Jay we will be okay now that a friend came to help us.

Well I would try to jump start the car first to see if it's really a battery

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician