Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Brake lights stay on when ignition is off. No I haven't

Customer Question
Brake lights stay on...

Brake lights stay on when ignition is off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

No I haven't checked it. could that cause brake light and front running lights to stay on?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2002 q45

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and I just disconnected the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Radio doesn't work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/21/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

This most likely means the stop lamp switch that is located on brake pedal assembly has failed. Unplug the switch to see if lights shut off if so it needs to be replaced. This would cost around $100 to have done at a shop, here is a picture. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdjgezleqoquryu/sls.pdf?dl=0