Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Windshield wipers won't work I put in new motor it works…

Customer Question
Windshield wipers won't work...

Windshield wipers won't work I put in new motor it works until I put on wipers then they won't move with them off they work on every setting

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2004 infinity G35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes checked fuses changed motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

With the wipers off the motor functions on every position I turn them on but when I attach the wipers they won't function

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/21/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for you question.

I am not sure I understand exactly what is going on. The wipers only work in one particular setting?

No they started messing up so I put new motor on and when i tested it to make dure the motor was working and it does I turn switch on every position and it works but when I put wiper blades on they won't move on any setting

So you did not replace the wiper motor. You just removed it and operated it not connected to the car right?

When you operated it while not fully hooked up, it worked in all modes? Is that correct?

I did buy a new one but it does the same thing as old one works unil I put on wipers
that's correct

So when you get a wiper motor from the dealer, it comes with the pivots and all the linkage. So if you are operating it when not hooked up to the linkage assembly, that could be your issue that the linkage is causing a strain on the motor and keeping it from operating properly

I bought motor from advanced auto it didn't come with anything using what was already there

Yeah.. If you get the part from the dealer, it comes as a complete assembly. Never trust after market electrical parts. So the wipers have a limit switch in them. If it senses to much pressure, it won't operate. So you most likely have a issue with in the linkage operation causing your problem

How do you fix that

You would need to replace the linkage assembly. That comes with the wiper motor from the dealer.

I will get that then and see if it works

You got it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Follow up questions are also no extra charge if you have to return with more questions on this topic.

If you do not have any more questions on this, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!