Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have an 2006 Infiniti g35 coupe. My tail lights, license…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an 2006...
Hi, I have an 2006 Infiniti g35 coupe. My tail lights, license plate light, reverse lights, dimmer and watch light don’t work. I already checked the fuse on the IPDM and it’s good. I also disconnected all the lights and connected them one by Ibero see if one of them was the problem and nothing. I checked al the bulbs and nothing. The tail lights only work when I brake. Everything is working fine.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/19/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Test light?

No, but my uncle measure the voltage on the tail lights and is normal

When you access the IPDM, you want to turn the head lights on and back probe the fuse to make sure both sides of the fuse is getting power for the tail lamps. Cause if the fuse is blown, it will cause all those lights not to work.

The IPDM is located under the passenger wiper cowl. Is that where you checked?

I the fuse wasn’t blown. I replaced it just in case

Did you remove the passenger wiper cowl to access it? Are you sure you replaced the right fuse? We should check it with a test light. The IPDM controls exterior lighting. That is why we need to continue to check there..

is the first fuse
Let me take a picture.

k.. You are still going to be recommended to check the fuse with a test light. Do you have a Test light?

You do know there is two fuses in the IPDM for the lights right?

Let me share a image which has all the fuses related to the parking lights, and lic plate light circuit.. This way you can check all the fuses. But it's recommended to check with a test light.

Do you have a Test light?

Let me check those oher fuses.

Ok.. Also we need a test light cause if the fuse in the IPDM are good but are only getting power on one side of the fuse, you could have a internal issue in the IPDM

Let me get a test light

ok

Does the car have to be on?
No, just the lights have to be turned on
I tested all the fuses and the light comes on

Did you watch the video I supplied and how you test the fuse with a test light?

with the lights on. Put one side of the test light on the neg and them check one by one the side of the fuse.
What’s the next step?

you checked both sides of the fuse? And it lights up?

Of all the fuse the the car has

Ok.. Next step would be to see if you are getting power out of the IPDM for the tail lights.

Can your read a wiring diagram?

Also I checked the voltage on the harness that connects to the tail lights and it’s fine

What do you mean it's fine? You have power at the tail lights and lic plate lights?

Here is a silly question. If you have power, did you check ground? Also did you try lets say replacing the lic plate bulb and see if it comes on?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sykg9n7qzzd3tg/1%2006%20G35%20parking%20lights.pdf?dl=0

That link is the complete wiring diagram.

How do I check the grownd?

ground. You use a Ohm Meter.

Let me get it

ok

I tested the ground connection and it’s good

If you have power, and Ground.. It has to be the bulb.. Did you try changing one of the bulbs?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician