Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Infiniti QX4 2001. The CD won't load. The machine pushes it…

Customer Question
Infiniti QX4 2001. The...

Infiniti QX4 2001. The CD won't load. The machine pushes it out and indicates an error 2. One time I played with it and it loaded and played fine and then ejected. However, I can't load any more discs. This is the third machine I have had as the same thing happened before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No. Why? Everything lights up and it attempts to load the disc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I have never tried. Is this something I could do?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/16/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a signal disc or 6 disc in dash unit?

If you are familiar with the vehicle, I would thing you would know that it's a 6 disc unit. I believe Clarion

That is why I asked. Some did come with a single.. Not often though..

Please respond and not only the manufacturer can fix it.

How many cd's have you tried?

Does it do it with every cd you try?

3. And yes. They are not copies of cd's but originals.

You may be prompted for a phone call. It's up to you if you would like to accept that or not. That is a automated response.

Did you try different CD locations.. Meaning instead of loading it to disc 1, try 2, 3 , 4 and so on...

I never load more that one disk to the player as I have had trouble in the past. I have tried loading in positions one , two , and three ending upo with the same problem.

Well based on this information, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a internal issue with in the CD player of the Audio unit. So what you would need to do at this point is either remove it and replace it with a after market unit which would be more cost effective. Other wise, if you want this unit to work, it would need to be sent out for repair..

There is a Place in NJ we use called Model Electronics which can do these repairs on the factory units.

But to be honest, it's more cost effective to replace the unit with a after market one. A after market unit can give you more features such as bluetooth, mp3 and usb.

You haven't helped me. You didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I thought you could provide me with information that wasn't already available to me as you are an Infiniti mechanic. Please refund my money.

No problem. I will put you in for a refund..

Thank you and I'm sorry that I appear to be stuck with an inferior/defective product that is really defective as the same thing happened to three units in my car.