Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 infiniti g37 coupe wont start it will stay in

Customer Question
Hello my 2008 infiniti...

Hello my 2008 infiniti g37 coupe wont start it will stay in accessory mode and when i try to turn it off it turns off and reboots itself into the accessory mode. Everything works but the car wont even try and turn over. We had to jump the car saturday and today we had to try and start it a few times any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I have but the battery is only a year old there's no corrosion when we looked but when he first got the battery it had some corrosion built up and we took it back to the shop and they just cleaned it up and said it was good to go

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried putting it in neutral tried unplugging the battery for an hour or so and now we unplugged it again and kinda I work at a body shop with tecs and they are dumbfounded as well its a g37 would that change anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I thinks thats all thank you!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/12/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you put it on a scanner to see if it will read anything?