Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm is going off when entering the vehicle, and the…

Customer Question
The alarm is going...

The alarm is going off when entering the vehicle , and the remote will not shut it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes, the alarm still goes off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2001.qx4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX4 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tied anything yet, I was going to look for an easy way to disable the alarm system until my parents can afford a visit to the dealer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well, I was thinking of just find the the fuse for the alarm and pulling it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/11/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the alarm is going off, which lights are flashing?

hi jay,, not sure what happened , but , I was able to get the remote to unloock and disable the alarm by having the remote in close proximity to the key hole. I wasn't able to arm the alarm again to see which lights were going off, ,, however we know for sure the front headlights would blink,, I think we are fine with the alarm being disabled at this point so , hmmm, guess we are okay for you. ... I was charged , 24.95 on my paypal, but the lady I was chatting with that connected me to you said it was only going to be a 5$ charge. not sure how to deal with that..

it was a 5 dollar deposit till you get a response. Then you are charged full price of the question.

Here is something to pay attention to. If you lock the car with the key, does the security light turn solid? If it doesn't, then you may have the alarm tamper switch knocked off the key cylinder. If the Remote doesn't work to turn off the factory alarm, using the key in the front door lock cylinder should disable it. Also if you have the key slot in the hatch, that also will disable it.

So in the future, if you run into the remote not working again, you know how to turn it off. But you may want to change the battery in the remote if you don't recall ever changing it. The battery could also be weak which was causing your issue.