Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 infinity g37x sedan. I installed some led lights.

Customer Question
My 2012 infinity...

My 2012 infinity g37x sedan. I installed some led lights. The first one I changed was the trunk and it worked then it stopped mysteriously. Now all interior lights excluding glove box don’t work at all ?? Please help me !

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

I did I changed interior light fuse on kick panel that didn’t work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37x yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried putting old light back in I also changed the fuse on kick panel. That’s it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I replaced license plate bulbs because they were burnt out with new led lights. That’s all I’ve done this all happened when I installed one led light in the trunk.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/11/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 7 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

If you remove the bulbs you installed is there any difference ?? also have you checked all the fuses ??

No difference I checked the fuse on kick panel and replaced it
Looked under the hood for any other fuses but found nothing
No interior lights dome map or door at all
Glove box light works but sometimes

Was the fuse you replaced blown ??

Once I replaced the trunk light that’s when I think all the problems
I lost it so I don’t know. But I put a new spare one in.

Do you have a test light to check the fuses ??

I don’t
What do you think it is everything was fine until I introduced the led lights
What about resetting the system by taking the battery cable off.

Ok heres what i will need you to do more then likely you have blown a fuse but these vehicles have so many fuses that are tight together and each fuse will run different systems in this vehicle , you will need to used a voltmeter or test light to check both sides of the fuse with the key in the on position or the vehicle running if you notice the you only has power on one side of the fuse and not the other one turn the key /car off and remove that fuse and check to for being blown this is the correct way to check the fuses . We have seen where aftermarket led lights will cause issues like the one you have a cause too much current in the circuit and poo the fuse . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I have more information on this cause I have encountered it many times on these cars!!

First thing I would do is put all the factory bulbs back in the vehicle and see if all light operation returns to normal. I have seen where LED bulbs if they do not have the proper resistances can cause to much or not enough electrical current to flow which can cause issues you are describing. So lets get all the bulbs back in and if all lights return to normal, then your issue is the type of LED bulbs you are installing.

If lights do not come back on, then you want to check fuses and the LED bulbs are the cause of the fuse blowing.