Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car won't start, battery a few months old, but key fob

Customer Question
Car won't start, battery...

Car won't start, battery a few months old, but key fob battery needs replacement. Of course, i have my first date in 28 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

They are

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2011 G37

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jump starting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/10/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you try to start the car, what is it doing? If you turn the head lights on, do they come on?

the only thing that is obviously not working but worked when I parked last night is the horn doesn't sound when I push the key fob lock button. Door locks, but no honk

Well the horn sounding when you lock the car can get turned on and off, by holding the lock and Unlock button till the lights flash.. So you can try that.

Is the steering wheel locked? If you press the Brake pedal does the brake lights come on? Did you try inserting the remote into the remote slot?

No, lights don't work and also car doesn't honk when push lock on key fob but did when I parked last nigh is the horn doesn't sound when I push the key fob lock button. Door locks, but no honk
Lights do NOT come on. I'll check on the other

You could be dealing with a dead battery. Something may have been left on that drained the battery.