Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On a 2014 qx60 the drivers side light does not work. the…

Customer Question
Mike on a 2014 qx60...
Mike on a 2014 qx60 the drivers side light does not work. the turn signals work but not the driving or fog light. is there a fuse located somewhere?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/8/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Fuse #36 in the IPDM (large fuse box) under the hood is the fuse for the right side low beam. The fog lights are on a separate circuit, so I am not sure they would be affected by this single fuse. Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing on the wiring?

of course they're numbered, do you have a diagram showing which one is 36 by chance.
well wasn't the fuse or the bulb

Ok, then it's possible the problem is the ballast for the bulb. Do you have a test light so we can check the power to the ballast?

no i don't have a test light, don't you have to take the front end just to get to the ballast

Yes, to change it, but I think you access the harness without taking the front cover off. It's the best method to see if it's the problem. The service manual will just have you swap the ballast, but if you have power going to it, then we know it's bad. No power to it, then we know the wire is the problem.