Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 Infiniti G35 a/c and heater are not blowing any air…

My 2008 Infiniti G35...

My 2008 Infiniti G35 a/c and heater are not blowing any air at any setting to include defrost.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Nothing is coming from the vent, hot or cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve changed out the 2 blower fuses on the interior fuse box.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

12/7/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Thanks.

This most likely means the blower motor has failed. Unplug the blower motor and check to see if it has good power/ground going to it with switch on high, if so replace. The cover under glove box snaps out of place, here are replacement instructions for blower motor. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48gwxgvti87kx1i/blmr.pdf?dl=0

I’ve read a lot about a blower relay, but I couldn’t confirm this bc all of the info was from before ‘08 model. Would this be a cheaper place to start if applicable?

There is a blower motor relay on the interior fuse box, if blower motor relay was the problem the blower motor would be missing power with switch in high position. I'd make sure to test blower motor for power/ground before replacing. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Thanks. Goodnight.

No problem, let me know how it goes or if you run into questions. Thanks.