Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Taillights went out...all lights work but tail lights. Bulbs…

Customer Question
Taillights went out...all lights...

Taillights went out...all lights work but tail lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Bulbs are fine ..where is the connection I should check

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2005 fx35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started to google info some one said its a tail light relay but I cant find one to order

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/6/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok so we will need to check a few thing, first off is fuse 71 in under hood fuse panel, with key on lights on check fr power on each pin on tp of fuse with multi meter and let me know what power your getting

I don't have a milk meter....I have very low mechanic skills

ok so without verifying voltage we will have no idea what to replace or what is bad, I dont like telling people to replace things without knowing for sure that it needs to be replaced, is there someone you know that can help with the electrical tests ?

Can I go buy a multi meter ???

you sure can

Where is fuse 71 located near battery ?? Are they nimbered

yes and they should be yes

What kinda fuse is that

mini fuse

if your looking at the panel its the one on the top left on the mini fuses rows

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The fuse location is in the IPDM which is behind the battery under the Passenger Wiper Cowl Cover. So it's not in a easy accessible spot. So you have to remove that plastic trim around the battery access panel, and then pull the rubber molding up off the passenger wiper cowl and there is 2 more pop clips that secures that. Then that slides out. Once you have those removed, then the IPDM is exposed. Here is a picture of where it's located on a G35, but it's the same spot for your car.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kru74dja5aynt59/IPDM%20G35.jpg?dl=0