Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replaced the engine in my 2007 m45s, all is working…

Just replaced the engine...

Just replaced the engine in my 2007 m45s, all is working well but for some weird reason, heat is not working in car, replaced thermostat, not the issue... mechanic is stumped!

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Infiniti?

M45S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Working with a mechanic, not myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Apparently all is working but heat is not getting into car... was working before engine was replaced

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

infra red was placed on heat coil according to mechanic and working

Was the heater working before the engine replacement?

could have something jammed the transition door from heat to cold during replacement?

When you switch the temp frocold to hot does it stay at same temp or changed from ac cold to normal ambient temp?

when trying to activate heat or turn on heat, it automatically switches to a/c on...
no heat, obviously, trying to figure out if mechanic wired something wrong

Ok. Does the heater hoses at the firewall get hot once engine reached operating temperature?

they place an infrared on it system and says core/coil gets hot but not sure if he looked at hoses near firewall for heater

That is the first step. Need to make sure if the hoses are getting hot. If not the problem could be a faulty heater control valve or air present in the heater core. It is very unlikely that there is a problem in the dashas nothing is removed in that area when engine is replaced.

ok, thx.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, Keep me posted if any more questions And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh