Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

The buttons on my navigation system for climate control have

Hello.. The buttons on my...
Hello.. The buttons on my navigation system for climate control have fallen
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing it myself.. I thinking of getting a new one or replacing it with the traditional one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where can i get new buttons?
12/5/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 2002 Infiniti is this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Qx4

Which buttons do you exactly need. Some buttons you can get, some only come with the unit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Climate control buttons.. Heater and AC

https://www.modelelectronics.com/

This place in NJ does re-manufacturing and repairs for these audio units with navigation. You may want to contact them to see if you can get the buttons you need

That is really the only option, other than buying another unit to steel the buttons off of it.

You would need to talk to a place that repairs these radio's cause they would have the availability to get the parts

You may be prompted for a phone call. That is a automated response. It's up to you if you would like to accept it. Other wise we can continue like this if you have any more questions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The website does'nt seem to work.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Are you on a smart phone or computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Computer,..

Name of the place is called Model Electronics. They are in Ramsey NJ if you would like to try doing a web search.

That link should work..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The site doesnt want to load on my network.

If your on a work computer, the site may be blocked. My job blocks allot of sites also. So you may want to open it on your phone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay

Do you have any more questions on this? You can always return back to this question if you have any follow up questions. Even after you Rate me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I contacted them and they do not have any..

They do not offer buttons. I thought if there was any way of getting you buttons, a company that does repair or re-manufactures these units would have that information for you. So it looks like the only way to get the buttons is to replace the unit I am afraid.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you recommend where i could possibly get a replacement.

The place I recommended does do a exchange. You may want to inquire with them on how much a exchange unit is. Other wise, you would have to get one used.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I mean i want a used one.

Let me see if I can find one for you.. Hang on..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay..

I can't find one on Ebay. You may just want to replace it with a after market unit. It could be cheaper and it would give you more up to date features such as Bluetooth, MP3 and USB.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Recommendations for after market unit will highly appreciated. I worried about conversion issues.

They have install kits which makes that painless..

Do you have any more questions on this?

So those kits will actually plug right into the factory harness so you don't have to cut the factory harness

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician