Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 QX56. When stopped or at very low rpms it

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 QX56. When stopped or at very low rpms it seems to run rough. Rpm will bottom out almost like it's going to die. Engine is running rough only at low rpms. Once you hit the gas and get going it's fine and runs great. No engine lights are on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you metered out the ignition system?

I don't think so. My wife took it to a shop and they said there were no codes when they hooked up computer. They are trying to tell me it needs a new transmission for $7800.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I couldn't work on a Tonka toy. Lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

12/4/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Transmission normally won't cause a running ruff issue, unless you have a bad torque converter. How many miles do you have on the car? Did you have the timing chain recall done?

114,000 miles. We bought the car a year ago. If the timing change recall was taken care of it was before we owned it.

Do you have the vin number, I can check to see if that was done.

Also, what codes are you getting exactly?

No codes are coming up when they hooked up computer.
JN8AZ2NFOD9531403

give me a min please...

Vin is missing a digit

Jn8az2nf0d9531403

I don't see that the recall was done. The recall is for timing chain stretch. So that can certainly cause the running ruff issue. So I would inquire with your local dealer on this and see if your issue is related to the recall.

Thank you very much. I'll try that.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician