Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The gas tank door will not open. It's not about the vehicle…

Customer Question
The gas tank door...

The gas tank door will not open

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It's not about the vehicle using gas it's the fact that I can' get the gas tank door to open to fill it up with gas

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2009 G37X

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37x yourself? What have you tried so far?

The routine of unlocking the doors and leaving the driver's side door open. It also says there is an acutator level behin the trunk inner panel to manually open it and we can't find that. This happened before and when we went through the routine of unlocking doors and leaving the driver's side door open it worked That won't. Even tried standing on one foot.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/1/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a coupe of sedan?

Sedan

Thank you..

For emergency fuel door releases, you have to remove the truck inner liner on the passenger side and fold that back to access the fuel door actuator. Once you have accessed the fuel door actuator, there is a lock rod that you just pull the release the gas door.

Let me get you a image of what that looks like.. Hang on..