Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2002 Infiniti is throwing the following codes...P0455 and…

Customer Question
Hello...my 2002 Infiniti is...

Hello...my 2002 Infiniti is throwing the following codes...P0455 and P01448...the guy at O'Reily's said it was an exhaust vent issue (the gas cap) and the EGR...I've done the gas cap double click to no avail. Don't know about the EGR. We recently had an issue with the check engine light and had the speed sensor replaced TWICE as the first one was "defective". Frustrated with the CEL coming on all the time...can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Staying on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Infiniti?

I35

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your I35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried the gas cap thing...replaced the speed sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this consultation going to cost something?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
12/1/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let nme review your request. Please stand by.

Infiniti Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you exepoencing any driving issues too or just the check engine light is on?

No driving issues.
Need to ask for a refund...this is not working for me. Thank you.
Infiniti Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

what do you mean this is not working for you?

I requested a refund. Thank you.
Just process the refund as requested, thank you.
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I apologize, the information you provided is more than enough to provide you with a answer. The P0455 is a evap gross leak code. This is part of the Evap system. The evap system monitors fuel vapors in the fuel tank. You know when you take the gas cap off you get that rush of air? That is what it monitors. So it see's the system has a large leak. Now. The P1148 is for the Evap vent control valve. This valve is suppose to close and seal the system when the computer runs it's random evap pressure test. So this valve is most likely hanging up which is causing both these codes. The Vent Control valve is located on the evap canister which is located on the drivers rear. So simply replacing this vent control valve will resolve both of your codes.