Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My front windows of the 2011 FX35 keep going down randomly.

Customer Question
My front windows of...

My front windows of the 2011 FX35 keep going down randomly. Sometimes few inches, sometimes all the way down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes. have only had the car 4 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Happened 3 times over the last couple days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you find when you use the Auto Up window feature the window will go up and come back down?

No. That function works fine. It's after I lock the car and go inside the house. I come back outside later one and the windows are down some random amount or all the way.

All windows are part down?

Just the front driver and passenger are down.

Ok.. So let me explain this so you understand so you can have this properly checked...

OK

These cars have a feature where if you press and hold the unlock button, both front windows go down. If you press and hold the touch entry button, both front windows will go down. If you take the mechanical key out of the remote and insert it into the drivers door and turn it to the unlock position and hold it, that will also lower the front windows.

So you have two possible things that is causing your issue. Either the remote is bad and it's sending out a unlock hold signal, or a door lock on the drivers door is stuck in a unlock position causing the issue. The touch entry most likely is not the issue if the remote is not near the vehicle. If it is near the vehicle, then that is a possibility that you have a bad touch entry button on a door handle.

So one of those 3 things are stuck causing your issue.

The remote is not near the vehicle. It's about 30 feet away in the kitchen. Can I lubricate the lock to fix the issue or is it an electronic issue only. I never use the lock at all. Could the remote do that if a battery is low? I have one old one I got when I bought the car. The other one is new.

sometimes simply just taking the key and cycling in the lock cylinder works...

Can you lock and unlock the car from your house?

OK. I'll give that a try that when I get home, monitor it for a few days, and let you know the result.

You got it...

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 3 months ago

Never heard back from you, How did you make out?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician