Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have a 2013 JX 35 and the check engine light came on.

Customer Question
We have a 2013...

We have a 2013 JX 35 and the check engine light came on. took it in and the dealer indicates it needs a software update to the tune of $225. is this legit?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It just came on and stays on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JX yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, took it to a dealer and they charged us $225 and said it was a software update - but I'm not buying that line?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if this is legit as I can not find any type of software update that is needed for this vehicle.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/29/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So there is a abs software update but it should be covered as it is a recall, did they give you the update, service, or recall number?

My wife is checking as the vehicle is still at the dealership. I find it odd that the customer has to pay for a software update?

depending on the mileage and the service update would determine what the customer pays for, but the one I know about is actually a recall so that should be free. Do you have the vin, ill try to look up some things

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2013/RCRIT-13V445-6989P.pdf

5N1AL0MM6DC328886
I have what the dealership sent over and it indicates the ECM had to be reprogrammed?
here the bulletin
Never mind just going to pay it

did you go in with a check engine light on? and whats your mileage now?