Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Windows and locks not working. This happened a couple weeks…

Customer Question
Windows and locks not...

Windows and locks not working

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

This happened a couple weeks ago and it just started working again

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

2005 g35x

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yea Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that Window is in down position

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
When will I receive response
11/28/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The windows or locks both do not work from remote or inside switches? Is this a Sedan or Coupe?

The Fab works the locks
Sedan

Ok.. So the remote will work the locks, but the inside switch does not? Is that correct?

Correct
This happened a couple weeks ago
Wasn't working then magically started working again

This is most likely due to a bad master window switch. I would have that checked. If the master window switch is not getting power, then the issue would be the BCM ( Body Control Module)

If the Body Control Module ( BCM ) has to be replaced, it will require all your keys ( remotes ) to be reprogrammed and all tire pressure sensors programmed as well as the BCM has to be configured. But it's most likely just a master window switch. But it should be checked to verify.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

BCM is in fuse box
Should I buy a new one of those

BCM is no not the fuse box. I think you are thinking IPDM.. The BCM is a different control unit. That is located in the passenger kick panel if I remember right.

What should my next step be
My drivers side window won't go up and it's 20 degrees out

I wish I could tell you there is a manual way, but the only way to do it is to manually apply power to the window motor to get it up

Ugh!!!

Sorry... So if the window is stuck down, I would suggest you get this checked asap

Do you have any more questions on this?

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!