Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Vibration and noise when first moving car in the morning…

Customer Question
Vibration and noise when...

Vibration and noise when first moving car in the morning when driving at about1500-2000 rpm 10-15 MPH

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Infiniti?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes hope to. Son Drives car and alerted me of the noise. Checked fluid levels, inspected underneath. All good

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?

Engine oil and transmission By looking at it on the dipsticks look fine. I feel noise in in Drivetrain and can not make noise happen in park or Neutral fluid on Trans dip stick is Red

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/24/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Can you elaborate more on this noise?

When starting to drive to work in the morning (OHIO) starting at about 1500 - 2000 RPM rubbing vibrating noise begins in an on off fashion with the on off becoming more frequent as MPH increases until it goes away at about 55

can you feel these vibrations in the wheel or in the seat? when you brake does the pedal pulsate at 55?

not in breaks, feel it in the seat sounds like at the base of firewall

and it goes away after driving it for a period of time ?

thats a tough one, I would suggest to jack the vehicle up on some jack stand and probe around with a scope or some sound amplification device while in drive to see what it could be, it almost sounds like a leaking exhaust that expands after it gets hot

The on and off nature of the noise and vibration suggests driveshaft. if it was the exhaust I would expect it to be consistent noise until the expansion of the hot metal sealed the leak.
we still active?

we are, so because of the way the noise is I would jack it up and inspect as stated before

car nly makes the noise when driving. Are you suggesting jacking it up on stands and putting it in drive while on the stands?

correct all 4 wheels, this is the same thing the shop will do if you were to take it in

OK How do I request a refund?

call customer service

your welcome

What is the number?