Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

My 2007 M35X Infiniti pegs the temperature needle on H after

45 or so minutes....
My 2007 M35X Infiniti pegs the temperature needle on H after 45 or so minutes. I checked the hoses and topped off the antifreeze which was low and just let it idle but it still does the same thing and the radiator fans never come on
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: No, yesterday on a 12mile trip from my office the car starts jerking and the temperature needle is as far up as it can be. When I got it home I checked the hoses but didn't see any leaks. The coolant was low so I topped that off. Then I let it idle in the driveway and within about 45 min did the same thing. Again no leaks the actrion meter came back with engine overheating code 1217 or 1271. The dual fans on the radiator never came on also.
JA: Are you fixing your M35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I really don't like people to handle my cars especially if it's something I should be able to fix. I checked all the hoses for leaks but there weren't any. It was 3/4 of a gallon low on coolant so I changed that, topped it off then let it idle in my driveway and it did the same thing. Could it be the thermostat?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that's about everything. It's been pampered since I bought it new. Oil changed every 3000 miles, K&N cold air intake and plugs changed at 50K miles.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

h​I my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Not a problem I'll rate Cliff
Phone call session started

calling now

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Great response quick and to the point. Cliff asked if I was going to change the thermostat myself, I said yes and then he walked me through the process step by step right down to bleeding out any trapped air bubble(s). Perfect! Dr. James Sheehy, cell is(###) ###-####call or text me if you have any questions.

thanks

3pac2222
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician