Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

P0021 code replaced timing chains and cam sensor and

solenoids still has p0021 JA: Which...
P0021 code replaced timing chains and cam sensor and solenoids still has p0021
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The cam sensor on the driver rear head was replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: Sorry 07 m35x
JA: Are you fixing your M35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I’m a tech also
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Timing chains primary and secondary and also solenoids for vvt and also cam sensor
11/21/2017
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician

h​I my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

did you check the oil pressure with the engine hot ??

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No i haven’t i heard about that but no oil light on or chain noise if that matters
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Also the gaskets that are know to leak oil in the rear timing cover that cause the pressure drop i did remove and use sealer on them

t​he light will not come on and the chain will not make noise . when you remove the lower oil pan did you inspect the contents in the pan ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Nothing out of ordinary in the pan

sometimes you can see I small part of the oil galley gasket broken off in there

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ya nothing in there but i did reseal the oil galleys

I​f you have replace all the part that you did not the electrical for the solenoids are good then you most likely have internal oil leak cause by a broken/leaking main oil galley gasket on the rear timing chain cover.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I can do the call thing shortly if it’s easier just not with at shop right now
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I took off the main oil galley gaskets and resealed them

from the rear timing cover correct ??

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Could that bank 2 cam sprocket actuator be the problem
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
rear timing cover

yes the sprocket can cause this it is really the only other thing that can

did you check the intake timing reading to see what it is should be -5 to +5 at idle

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
If u run it on are scanned it shows the bank 1 timing at 0-4 and bank 2 at 41

so you have a problem with bank 2 where did yo buy the sensor that you replace ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Would a aftermarket cam sensor read wrong like that he did provide one from auto zone which I wasn’t happy about
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Also the vvt solenoids were brought to us from the customer from auto zone

lol ooo yes they are all crap I have replace timing chain because of them I get at lease 5 problem I week on here because of them crap .

please remove that thing from the car

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
That’s wha did replaced timing chains lol
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
get a infinity cam sensor ? What about the vvt solenoid that he bought from there as well

REPLAC ETHE SENSOR FIRST I DO NOT KNOW OF ANY PROBLEMS WITH SOLENOIDS FROM THERE BUT TH ESENSORS ARE CRAP

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok I’ll tell the customer to grab us one from the dealer . Weird thing is the one i pulled out of Car looked new like someone already tried that idea .

what do you mean it was replace ? the oem one will have part numbers on it

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The one I pulled out was a aftermarket one and looked new but no numbers on it
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It was a customer who bought it from a auction and doesn’t have any background on the car but that the light was on for p0021

ok replace that sensor with a dealer one

do you have any other questions ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No

ok please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please remember to rate thanks.

a rating would be nice so I can get pay thanks.

3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Cam sensor from dealer fixed it both banks reading 4 on timing

cool thanks. if you need me again I will be here you can request me by name .clif>

3pac2222
3pac2222
3pac2222, ASE Certified Technician