Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Trying to open the hood to change oil passenger side of the

Hey there. Trying to open...
Hey there. Trying to open the hood to change oil passenger side of the hood is stuck and will. It open...
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: 3 months ago and we have to drive 500 miles. Concerned cuz we are 1000 miles over that it could break down
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2011 ex35
JA: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing just trying to get the hood open...basically just wd40 and some pulling...lol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s it..thank u
11/21/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Your hood as two hood latches and then the secondary latch.. If one is stuck, then you would of course need to open the hood to see the cause. To do this you would need to remove the inside inner fender liner on the drivers side. Under there is where the hood release cable comes from inside and T's off to two cables, one for each latch. I would check to make sure both are attached, and at the same time, if you pull each one of them. that will pop those hood latches so you can get a better look at what is going on.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
How difficult is that to remove the fender liner?

It's not to bad. I recommend you jack up the car and take the wheel off to remove it..

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No...thanks so much

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician