Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I put my foot on the gas my brake light comes on and…

Customer Question
When I put my...

When I put my foot on the gas my brake light comes on and when I take it off the gas it goes off but other warning lights come on . they don't stay on though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?

Intermittent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2008 Infiniti G37

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

NOTHING AND YES

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/20/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you mean in the dash, you get a Brake warning light that comes on when you accelerate?

Thank you.. The first thing I would check for this issue is to see if the brake fluid level is low. If low, that can cause that light to come on. But at the same time, when the fluid level is low, that is also a indication that you may need brakes.

Let me explain....

So the brake master cylinder normally starts at the full mark. As brake pads wear down, the caliper piston will extend out. As it extends further out, the brake fluid level will go down. So the brake master cylinder has a fluid level sensor which will trigger the brake light to come on when fluid level gets low enough. So it's doing it's job to alert you to have the brakes checked. Now when you have brakes replaced, they push the caliper pistons in so then the fluid level will raise back up.

So you can add a little fluid for now. But you should have your brakes checked

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

jay I was not looking to pay money here for asking a question. I am actually inquiring this info for my boss. What I would like to do is cancel what ever I have done here and just call my ex husband who is a mechanic. I was just looking for quicker answers than waiting on him to return my call. but its not an emergency or a time crunched issue. So I do not want to pay for this and I do not want to continue seeking advice from your service. Ido not want to be charged anything.

When you signed up, you are told that this is a paid service.

I will put you in for a refund..

thank you for putting me in for a refund. I was not looking to pay money before finding out what the problem is or if you could help me. thank you for your time