Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 g35 sedan. I have a horrendous gas smell in…

I have a 2003 g35...
I have a 2003 g35 sedan. I have a horrendous gas smell in and around the outside of my car after driving. i changed the evaporator canister the vent valve and purge solenoid valve. the problem went away for a week, but has returned. any suggestions are appreciated
11/19/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Most commonly this is caused by an obstruction such as cob web in the fuel filler vent tube that runs parallel to the fuel filler tube. Disconnect it at the fuel tank and use some compressed air to blow it out.

If it continues, you need to have it smoke tested for a pinhole leak in one of the evaporative emissions vacuum hoses

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager