Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a u1001 code on a 03 Infiniti g35 sedan. On a OBD2…

I have a u1001...

I have a u1001 code on a 03 Infiniti g35 sedan

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

On a OBD2 diagnostic took a U1001 controller area network line malfunction

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah I changed the value cover gasket and when I assembled everything I crank the car it ran fine for a little bit then the check engine light came on and through that code and when it idles it to drop down to almost zero

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it I just not sure what I need to do to correct that problem

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This all started after you did valve covers?

Are the engine Radiator fans on when the ignition is turned to the ON position? Did you go through the engine harness that you removed and check all your grounds?

and also make sure you didn't pinch any wires?

the fan do come on I did recheck the connection but not the wires

If you went through the harness and all the wiring and grounds, then some how the Ecm looks like it maybe blown causing your issue.

I may have to replace ECM. Is there anyway to check that before I replace it

I would have a Ecm terminal Reference check done to make sure all signals are good and if that passes, then you have a internal issue with the Ecm.

I would also do CAN diagnostics to verify the ECM with a advanced level scanner. I would also check all fuses. The IPDM has fuses as well which is located behind the battery under the passenger wiper cowl.

Ok thank you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician