Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My lift gate on my 2011 qx56 suddenly stopped working. I was…

My lift gate on my...
My lift gate on my 2011 qx56 suddenly stopped working. I was getting something out of the back and used the button on the gate to open it. Worked like it always does. Now it won’t close with the button on gate, button in front of car, or with key fob. What could be causing this?
11/18/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is the lift Gate actually doing now when you try to use it? Does act like it wants to open, then closes back down..

It doesn’t do anything. No noises or movement at all.

Did you try the emergency release? Do the lights flash when you try to open it? Did you check the inside switch and does it work with that?

Is the emergency release the panel on the inside? I have not done that yet. No lights. It’s like gate is dead (keyless open/lock on regular doors work and lights flash).
I should also mention that I manually pushed it to close, so it wasn’t wide open, but it doesn’t lock.

Yes, it's on the inside of the rear hatch.. Also make sure your knee did not bump the off switch on the dash for the rear hatch also..

Is there anything that maybe obstructing the lift gates latch area?

No obstructions and I checked the on/off switch (and flipped it to off and then back to on to see if it would “reset). I guess I’ll use the emergency release so I can drive it.

Ok.. Try that and let me know.,.

I locked it via the emergency release. Is the next step the dealer?

Yeah. The motorized latch may have failed causing your issue..

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician