Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My infiniti 2010 ex35 brake pedal won't depress and can't…

Customer Question
My infiniti 2010 ex35...

My infiniti 2010 ex35 brake pedal won't depress and can't start car. I replaced the brake light swith and battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Level is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your EX35 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, myself. This happened before and I replaced the brake light switch next to brake pedal and it worked. Now it is doing it again. I got another switch and I still can't press the brake pedal down for the push button start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/18/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you press the Start button 2 times, does the ignition turn on? Also if you manually turn your head lights on, do they come on?

Headlights come on. I cannot push brake pedal down. It will not start or turn over. The dash lights come on and say press brake pedal
I replaced the brake switch next to brake pedal.

The Brake pedal will get hard if pressed a few times. If you press the Brake pedal do you happen to see if the brake lights are coming on?

Also keep in mind, there are two switches down by the brake pedal. One is the brake switch, the other is the Cruise Control Cancel switch, so which switch did you replace? Top or Bottom switch?

The brake switch. I actually replaced the cruise control switch the first time. Would this cause this problem as well?

Maybe.. Do you see the Brake lights coming on if you step on the pedal? Did you adjust the switches properly?

there are brake lights. I got the car to start earlier and I don't know how. Turned it off and can't restart.

Are you hearing any clicking when you try to start it? Single Click? Rapid clicking?

nope. I was and I replaced the battery. Now, no clicking?

Oh.. Do you know if the car has a remote start?