Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Check Engine light came on SLIP light came on and VCD Off…

Customer Question
Check Engine light came...

Check Engine light came on SLIP light came on and VCD Off car not running well. Any ideas it just happened yesterdday

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stay on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What model 2007 Infiniti do you have?

g35

Sedan?

You also have a Service Engine Soon light on?

the engine light is on too

This is most likely a Cam Sensor issue. It causes a Engine Speed Signal code in the ABS system which can cause the VDC light to come on. Have you had the vehicle scanned by any chance?

haven't yet it just started last night

As long as you don't live in California, Auto Zone offers free scans. How does the car run? Do you feel it can make it there to have it scanned?

it runs just seems to surge and such

How many miles do you have on the car? Are you the original owner?

it has like 80,000 and no we are not the original owner

The only thing I would worry about since you are not the original owner. If you have a intake timing code, and if oil changes were not done on time and if there is sludge detected in the engine, this could be due to sludge build up in the intake sprockets

How many miles were on the car when you got it?