Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My finger slipped off the push start when starting the car,

My finger slipped off...

My finger slipped off the push start when starting the car, now the car went dead on me. No electricity... Completely off and won't start up

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Car completely died

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2008 g37s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Your finger slipping off the start button won't cause this. Did you have all electrical power before this happened?

I did

Thank you.. Then your issue is most likely simply a battery connection issue. This is what I normally do. I will turn the head light switch ON , then open the hood. I will loosen the Negative battery terminal and turn it right to left. At any point the Head Lights come on while doing that, I will then Tighten it back down in a slightly different position. Then that should allow the car to start. If moving the negative battery terminal doesn't do anything, then I would try the Positive Terminal. But this is 100% a Battery or connection issue..

Ok thanks I'll try that

Your welcome.. . Feel free to let me know how you make out... Other wise...If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Hey sorry for the delay. So it looks like the neutral cable was completely off, but when I tried to put it back on, I touched the edge of a nut and there were some sparks. All good to try again?

Yeah... Make sure you tighten it up and see if it starts...

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Thanks it works! You the man!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com