Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2010 infiniti g37 lose power few days a go i i run a…

Hi i have...

Hi i have 2010 infiniti g37 lose power few days a go i i run a dinostic cam sensor b2 come i replace both sensor car still wont start i un plug crank sensor car start run fine no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It cant reve over 3thousand rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well i check for code no code except cam sharf sensor bank 2

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I replace both cam sensor stil not starting when i unplug crank sensor car sart

the will not start when i plug crank sensor
11/17/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your questionHow many miles do you have on the car?
98 thousands miles
plus the oil was a bit sludge am thinking is the vvt cam sproket

If there is sludge build up, this can definitely cause issues with the intake timing operation

But for the vehicle to only start with the crank sensor unplugged, that is 100% a timing issue. That is a trick we use to verify a timing issue. So you will need to take off the front timing cover and check the mechanical timing. If the timing is correct, then the intake sprockets have sludge build up in them which is keeping the engine from running so the intake sprockets would need to be changed

So I am afraid that will be your next step for your issue. Do you have any more questions on this?

Ok I will do that today I am mechanic my self I jus wasn't to sure that first time run to a problem like those In my 8 years experience when I unplug the crank sensor it will start with a delay run fine but can't reve up 3thousand rpm

Yeah, it's a limp mode test.. If you were able to unplug lets say bank 1 cam sensor, and it ran, that would mean there is a sprocket or timing issue with bank 1. Since you can get the car to start with the crank sensor, this could very likely be excessive sludge build up and packing the sprockets and locking them and keeping them from operating

I even try to plug back the crank sensor while it running no difference yea the did bill up a lot of sludge

Yeah.... That is most likely the issue. But regardless the front timing cover has to come off. As I said, if you put the engine at TDC and all your timing marks are good, then you need to replace the intake sprockets.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Ok thank u will do

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician