Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I need to replace the foglight assembly on an FX35

I need to replace...

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Infiniti FX35. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. Thanks

11/16/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year FX35 is this?

2007

Thank you.. Hang on while I double check the steps.

Ok.. The service manual says to remove the bumper cover, but I never did. I remove the front part of the inner fender liner. Once you do that. You expose the back part of the fog light. There is one either 8mm bolt or a 10mm bolt that holds the lamp assembly in place and of course the electrical connector. After you unplug it, and take the one bolt out, you just push it forward to release it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Thank you. One other thing, I need to remove the driver side headlight lense assembly because it has water in it. I want to dry it out and reseal it.

No. Just remove the front part of the inner fender liner... Once you have it removed take the bulb out to let it dry out..

I mean, it has water that has settled in the lens. It needs to be drained. Others have suggested to drill a small hole in the bottom, let it drain and dry out and then seal it......wish I don't think is a good idea

Once the seal is bad, the fog light normally needs to be replaced unless it's a bad seal where the bulbs go.

I'm talking about the headlight
now

Oh. The head light has moisture? If it does, then the assembly would need to be replaced. Simply taking it out and drying it out would only be a temporary fix. Plus the bumper cover would need to be removed to remove the head lamp assembly.

Is that difficult?

Yeah, it's much trickier than just the fog light.

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Ok. Thanks
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician