Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

2007 QX infiniti how do i reset service engine soon warning

light? JA: Do you have the...
2007 QX infiniti how do i reset service engine soon warning light?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Infiniti Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your QX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: also shows vdc and slip lights; had just a tune up done but these lights stay on; my mechanic found nothing wrong
11/16/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The only two ways to reset the light or lights here is with a compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can communicate with all computers to read out the fault codes then clear the codes.The other way is to drive the vehicle over and over up to or around 40 ignition cycles and certain speeds and driving conditions met if the fault has been corrected.If the fault is still occuring even if it is cleared with a scan tool the light will come back on until the fault is repaired.

With these lights on there should be at least one code set that will help to diagnose and repair this issue.The codes have to be checked with a compatible scan tool to locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what scan tool for infiniti cars?

The consult III plus is the factory tool for your model but it can be expensive to purchase.

http://www.oemtools.com/homeproducts/nissaninfinity.html

One scan tool I like allot that has pretty much the same options and functions is posted below and is far less expensive then others.

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-DS708-Automotive-Diagnostic-Multi-language/dp/B008XN7NUG

This one here will also read the engine computer on your model

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-Diaglink-Version-Diagnostic-Transmission/dp/B01N0QQZY7/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1510848227&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=autel+code+reader&psc=1

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician