Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 nissan juke and that e p0014 is. My wife

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 nissan juke and that cod e p0014 is

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?

My wife forgot to change oil and when I checked the oil it had nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles since your last oil change?

But I put oil in and the sound stopped but light is still on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It has been awhile

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/16/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

That is a EVT code. This could have been caused by the low oil level. If you have a Scanner, I would clear the code and road test the car. If the code does not return, then you should be in good shape..

I have oil in there now. Can I still drive it

yes.. I am suggesting you clear the code ( assuming since you could read the code, that you could erase it ) and drive the car and see if the code returns.

How do erase the code. Auto zone gave me that

Ok.. If you disconnect the Negative Battery Cable for 15 mins. That will clear the codes..

How do u do that. Auto zone gave me that

disconnect the Negative Battery Cable for 15 mins. That will clear the codes..

Oh so that engine light will go off

Yes..

Would it stay off. I mean I put oil in the car myself. But going Friday to get it changed. So I don't have to replace anything.

What I am asking you to do is to clear the code so the light will go out. Then road test the car. Take it for a ride and see if the light comes back on. If it does not, then you should be find and I would change your oil as soon as possible. Friday is fine..

Ok if it does go back on then what

Then it will require further diagnostics... But is most likely just due to low engine oil

Ok thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!