Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cameras don't come on when I use the blinker switching

Cameras don't come on...

Cameras don't come on when I use the blinker switching lanes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2011 QX56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I want to try to fix it myself. I went into the settings and checked the left and right rear display and they are both on...

11/15/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So I understand you .. When you are driving and you use the Directional to switch lanes, the front camera does not come on? Is that correct?

For the Around view monitor system? So you could see around the vehicle? Is am I understanding this?

The side mirror cameras don't come on when I'm switching lanes

Ok.. So the Camera system is only for slow speeds. The Camera system does not come on when driving. The only thing you would have to indicate if there is a vehicle next to you when you put your directional on is if your truck is equip with Blind spot.

How would I find out if my vehicle is equipped with blind spot?

You would have the lights on your mirrors..

Do you have a picture of the Passenger or Drivers Mirror Glass?

Do you know if you have Intelligent Cruise Control?

No, I don't have lights on my mirrors. I don't know if I have intelligent cruise control...

If you do not have lights on your mirror that illuminate when a vehicle is next you when driving speeds over 35 miles per hour, you do not have Blind Spot.

Vehicles equip with Intelligent Cruise Control normally have the Blind Spot. That is why I asked..

So to answer your question, the Camera system does not operate at speeds over 15 to 20 mph. So it does not come on when you use directionals..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician