Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 qx60 with 47k miles. developed bad judder/shutter at…

2014 qx60 with 47k...

2014 qx60 with 47k miles. developed bad judder/shutter at low speeds dealer is replacing torque converter. should I press for new transmission?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

I do not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, dealer is repairing as it's under warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing else

11/15/2017
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

that is an option you do not have. they can only replace the failed part. they cannot replace anything that has not failed. torque converter failures are common and replacing them does not cause other failures. they will change the trans oil/filter as part of the repair.

if you want to replace the trans, they will do it at your expense only. you will have a record of this repair in case of a future issue. they can revert back to that repair and still cover under warranty.

Roy

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There is a TSP for a Reprogram for the Transmission control module for this. If you still experience the shutter at slow speeds, then the Transmission assembly it's self is replaced. Not just the Torque Converter.

The Transmission is still covered under the 6 year or 70k mile warranty. You would not have to pay for any of this..

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Okay - I had been reading numerous accounts of other owners who had the same issue on this model. apparently many dealers had replaced the entire transmission to address this problem. I'll be keeping detailed records on this one, seems there may be a design flaw. Cheers ***** ***** you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!