Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2017 infinit q60 red sport and it was in an

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 infinit q60 red sport and it was in an accident in the front right corner the car will not sr=tart start*

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Has fuel and fuel pressure, there is oil and all fluids have been checked. no all good there even put a charger on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes so far i have replaced the wiring harness adn completely repaired the body of the car aswell as replace airbags and airbag module

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
it cranks but no start, as stated checked fuel pump has pressure adn is traveling to the engine, wires have been checked, radiator, condensor fan assembly, headlights, core support, has all been chenged with used parts, it was a direct bolt on front clip with everything assembled coming off of donor car. car has power and everything works as it should
11/14/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Due to the extent of work done on the car, this will require diagnostics to be done in person. This is not something that could be determined online since a whole front clip was done.

I will keep this question open incase another expert feels they could help. But I figured instead of waiting for a response, that this may be the reason why.

Thanks Jay!

I sent the car to infinit for them to fix the problem and they had no luck
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago
mike switzer

have you had them try to scan any codes to see if you have communication to all the modules?

they did and they replaced and programmed the ecm
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

were there any codes in the system? if you dont know you need to start there. also what is your skill level for electrical diag?

I fix cars on the daily and am familiar with wiring, not a pro but can def work on it, I believe they did replace the harness as well. Someone said something about the shifter having somehting to preven the car from starting
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

that would prevent the car from even cranking. but it can. where was the vehicle hit?

Car was hit in the front right corner, the car cranks but no start
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

also do you have the vehicle with you or is it still at the dealership. do you have a front radar on it? if so was it replaced?

Car does not have a front radar and it’s at my shop right now but I won’t be near it until friday
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

ok well first thing when you can on the obd connector you need to check the condition of the can network. measure the resistance between terminals 4 and 16 looking at the connector you count from top left. you should have about 60ohms. if you dont you need to check voltage at each one. you should have about 2.75 on one and about 2.25 on the other. also when you can get me your vin and i will be able to help you further on friday. i am an infiniti electrical specialist.

Awesome I’ll do that right away when I get back thank you
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

any luck?

Sorry just been busy and hectic I’ll put it on the scanner tomorrow is there anyway to submit pics on here?
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

yes there is if you attach the photos. there is a little paper clip icon for it.

The code is for fuel temp to high and the injectors are not opening and closing the code for the fue temp is p0185
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago

okay can you give me your vin i will look up a few things for the diag procedure. what about the resistance checks i asked about?