Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The 4x4, abs, stabilitrac and cruise control (not working)

The 4x4, abs, stabilitrac...

The 4x4, abs, stabilitrac and cruise control (not working) lights are yellow and when driving it sounds much louder like something is going on with the tires.

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

It is a 2012 qx56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The cruise control won't even activate. my husband cleaned the sensors on the front of the vehicle and it ran properly for a very short time without those items lighting up but they are not back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We just purchased the vehicle used a few months ago

11/14/2017
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Have you had the AWD and Cruise Control system scanned to determine what fault codes you may have in the system?

We haven't had anything scanned yet. All of the warnings came up at once.

First thing that needs to be done to determine direction of repair is to scan the vehicle for codes. Can you do this?

Will this need to be performed by a mechanic

Yeah.. When it comes to these cars today, there is so much electronics, that the first thing that needs to be done before any work is to scan for codes. The codes would point the direction of repair.

Ok, we will try that, thank you!

Your welcome!

Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician