Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 m45. I changed the battery in the key/remote…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 m45. I changed the battery in the key/remote and now when I put it in the ignition the security light turns solid and the key won't move from the lock position

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

When the key is in it stays solid. No I haven't

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your M45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I disconnected the battery and tried to reprogram the key

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/11/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 8 months ago
mike switzer

do you have a seperate key and fob or just a fob with a twist ignition that is keyless?