Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 g35 coupe driver side downstream o2 sensor will not…

Customer Question
2005 g35 coupe driver...

2005 g35 coupe driver side downstream o2 sensor will not reset after being replaced? Replaced twice .First was a Denso second was a bosch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?

No have not checked?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have mechanic doing it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Both left and right downstream sensors were replaced at the same time. Passenger side has no issue. Used a Denso o2 sensor on both. Replace driver side a second time with a bosch, light will not reset after driving vehicle 25 to 50 miles after replacing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Infiniti
11/7/2017
Infiniti Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Is the o2 sensor reading ok?

once the fuel management goes into closed loop, the rear sensor should read steady at around .600

Clear code with computer then take car out for a ride and sel returns with same code.

whats the code?

P0037

ok, thanks

the reason new sensors don't fix it is because its a wiring or ECM problem

first check the fuse on the attachment then proceed to test the circuit as described

Ok, I will check the wiring and the fuse.

very good. you will find the issue if you go by the diagnostics.

Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 7 months ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

One way to Identify your problem is like this..

If you have a Ecm issue, if you can clear the code and it doesn't return until you turn the car off and back on, that is a sign of a bad Ecm. So example. If you can clear the code and drive 20 miles with out turning the car off and the code does not return, unless you turn the car off and back on. That is a sign of a Bad Ecm.

If you clear the code and it returns right away, that is a sign of a wiring issue if you had replace the passenger side rear 02 sensor. Since this is a heater code for the 02 Sensor.

So if you replaced the Drivers rear, that is Bank 2. This code you listed is for Bank 1 rear 02 sensor heater.

So you would need to replace the Passenger Rear 02 Sensor if you did not replace that 02 sensor first.

Hows it going?