Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need the location of crankshaft position sensor bank been…

Hello I need the location...
Hello I need the location of crankshaft position sensor bank been looking for two days only see one underneath the vehicle on passenger side on trans bellhouse ineed help pic or diagram for 2011 infiniti m56
Bank 2
10/22/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Here is the information that you have requested. Here, I am attaching the location information for the crank position sensor. It is located at position #21 on the diagram.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Thx that's what I needed.
Still don't see it would I have to remove something

I'm here. This sensor will be located behind the crank pulley. Are you able to see behind this pulley on the lower left side?

No it's to tight. But I seen this on the bellhouse of the trans where it bolts to the eng

I understand. Do you have the VIN so that I can be sure of the vehicle? I maybe looking at the incorrect model.

I'm currently looking at a 2011 M56 with a 5.6L motor.

m56x 5.6. Jn1ay1ar9bm570643
Eng vk56(vd) 5552

Okay. My apologies. Here is an exploded view showing better information on this sensor. You are looking at the correct sensor. It will be near the rear of the oil pan.